I am not going to lie, there is quite a lot of steps in preparation of these zucchini lasagne, but at the end all the steps are quite simple and the whole thing does not take more then 20 minutes to assemble. Plus about 30 minutes in the oven.
But the result is soooo delicious! Ever since the first time I made them, my family requests them at least once a week. And I am all for it, because this recipe is not complicated and filled with healthy zucchinis.
3 gloves of garlic
Spices - paprika, oregano, pepper, salt works well, but whatever you prefer could work
200g of turkey
1 canned tomatoes
'white sauce' - I mixed fresh goat cheese, a bit of yoghurt, oat creme and a bit of hot milk
cheese of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
2. Cut onions into small pieces. Peel and chop garlic.
3. Cut turkey into small pieces. You can also ground the meat if you have an appropriate grinder. You can also use different meat such as chicken.
4. In a pan, add a little bit of oil and cook the onion for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or so, stir properly. Add the meat and spices and stir until the meat gets coated. Add water if needed and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Mix the canned tomatoes to create smooth sauce. This step is not necessary, though.
6. In another bowl, mix together the white sauce.
7. Cut zucchini lengthwise into lasagne shaped pieces.
8. Add the red sauce to the pan with the meat and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
9. Place the zucchini lasagne on the bottom of your lasagne bake dish. Spread half of the white sauce. Spread the meat sauce. And repeat.
10. Top with cheese of your choice. 11. Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
And here you have it. Delicious and healthy lasagne!