This is a very simple and delicious zucchini quiche! The preparation time is very short and the results are amazing!
2 smaller zucchinis
grated cheese of your choice
your favourite topping (I used basil pesto, peas and sardines)
2 smaller onions
salt, pepper, any other spices you like (I used paprika and curcuma)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
2. Shred zucchinis coarsely and let them rest in a sieve (to drain the excess water).
3. Prepare your toppings: grate cheese, peel and cut onions and others - depending on your topping choices.
5. Squeeze as much water as possible from the zucchini and put it in a bowl. Add eggs, cheese, spices and oats and mix everything together really well. You should get pretty firm consistency. Add more oats if the consistency is still very liquid.
6. Place the zucchini mass into your baking quiche form. If you do not have a specific form for quiche, just use whatever you have at home and you like to work with. Press firmly.
7. Top with cheese and onions and other topping of your choices which could and should be baked. As for my topping, I used basil pesto, which I spread right on the top of the zucchini mass underneath the cheese and onions. But I used canned peas and sardines so neither of those needed to be reheated. Therefore I only put it on the top of the quiche once it was baked.
8. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.
9. Once done get it out of the form - I used the double-flip way :-). Add your toppings. And here you have it. The easiest and tastiest zucchini quiche ever. This fish combination was really tasty. But there are many more you could use. The best approach is to check what you have in your fridge and go from there.